Thursday, October 3, 2013

Learning

I feel like I haven't written for weeks, but it's only been one...

I've been having a very difficult time with the environment around me. Mostly the people honestly. It's just all apart of the culture shock and it just amazes me how people can be so inconsiderate, ignorant and unbelievably hypocritical. I've been so upset with people not keeping their word, having respect for authoritative figures and not following the commandments/dress code of the school/prophets council, that I've just have had a total crash on even having hope for humanity.

FOR THE RECORD (before someone else goes off on me) I am NOT saying that I'm perfect. In fact I am far from it! Everyone has issues, but I DO keep the church standards and the dress code at this school (which I signed and agreed to follow), even though I do not agree with many of the silly rules here that have no real relation to the standards of the church. I will try to end my rant here before I go on for an hour.....

So, after heckling the school, gathering funds, running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I finally got back into school. I'm a non-matriculated student (meaning I am not a degree-seeking student) and am taking less than 9 credit hours. I got into a sewing class and have already made my first pillowcase. I actually made two it was "sew" easy. (ha ha...) And although this next project of making pajama pants is a little harder, requiring that we alter the pattern we have (ugh! suugaku ga meccha nigate desu!) I am learning! which is what I need. I miss learning. I want to learn so many different things; gardening, sewing, watercolors, photoshop, etc.

For now, I am a student here, but when Bryan is done, I will just continue my "education" from craftsy.com so that we don't have to stay in this state any longer than we have to. (yeah yeah) So I'm excited to learn what I can while I am here regardless of the annoying hipster girl with an attitude in front of me in class and others around me who clearly do not follow the school dress code. (Why the heck you would want to wear that anyways when it's freaking snowing/sleeting/hailing/raining all at once outside beats me... crazies)

I'll try to keep my other posts less..... rant....
I probably have already said too much and have my foot way deep in my mouth. I tend to do that a lot.... Until next time, LOOK WHAT I DID!!!! It has foxes on it.... Squee~!


No comments:

Post a Comment