Saturday, May 3, 2014

Crafting

I've been really in a crafty mood lately, which is great! It's gotten me to get out my art things, get started on finishing some projects and organizing my crafty crap.
OK so it's not completely organized, but at least one night stand drawer is cleaned out! I bought a plastic case for my Copic markers to go in. Until I have my own craft room, a plastic box is as good as it gets. Maybe one day I can have an awesome marker organizer compartment thing. Then I can organize them by color and name. :) RAINBOWS!

I did, however, get around to finally organizing my fabric so it's not just piled up in the closet! Now I have room for the vacuum to fit in the closet! Yay! Thanks to Sister Stott for the cute bag tutorial/fabric/pattern...
Maybe now I will get around to getting those patterns out and making something...
Or maybe I should work on trying to fix my sewing machine foot first. It worked okay for the small project I did recently. But of course, I don't have to make straight lines for an A with these...
Cute ne?! I made one for my iron too so that the cords aren't always all over the place. Let me tell you though, making a button hole on my machine... I was about to throw the machine out the window. Goal for when I or my husband are able to make money: Buy a Bernina!! The school machines have spoiled me rotten for one of those. I'm tempted to take another sewing class just so I can use their machines instead!

Other things I've done lately? Well, for one, I bought this headboard from someone in our complex for $3. They got it from the thrift shop and it was an UGLY brown and teal silk that had been washed out and bleached from the sun, etc. I took out the pins, painted them silver instead of copper, got some fabric and ribbon that would match our semi-black and white bedroom and glued it on.
Voila! I plan on taking that and two picture frames with "Fly Me To The Moon" lyrics on them and making it the "headboard" for the bedroom. Excited!! I just need to get some frames and move some furniture around... heh, got some work to do that's for sure...

My latest big project has been scrap-booking recipes. I swear my life seems to revolve around trying to figure out a way to organize all these recipes! I finally got it. Went to the local craft store, there it was....
I said THIS is what I need. A cute little recipe book that will have all the recipes my family loves! I've already started on a few, but I need to find more food oriented paper, some stickers maybe, some nicer pens to write with... I'm sure the list could go on, but here's what I've gotten so far!
Cute ne? I figure all the recipes will be unique and different, so I'm not too concerned with matching the entire album. I'll just be happy they're all together. I hope to add pictures to the main course recipes and probably some desserts and cookies. Pictures are always so much better. Some of the pages are too small for pictures, but ya know, everyone knows what guacamole looks like right? Besides, I'll still keep my blog up with recipes and pictures on it too so that way if I'm travelling, they're still there! GENIUS!
Heh... Anyways...

That's been what I've been up to and I enjoy it. I've finally found something else to do other than clean the apartment 24/7. I still won't let it get too messy. I don't want to have to break my back cleaning when we move out 2 years or so from now.

Now if I could only learn the talent of planting and growing flowers!...

No comments:

Post a Comment